Assistant Professor Paraya Assanasen, M.D.
Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital
Mesotherapy is the painless injection of vitamins, minerals, medications, and amino acids placed just under the surface of the skin. Mesotherapy has a variety of applications including weight reduction, cellulite reduction, face and neck rejuvenation, and face brightening. Therefore, the injected solution is individually prepared depending on its purpose.
These are things you need to know before undergoing mesotherapy treatment:
Side effects on the purpose of face and neck rejuvenation and face brightening are as following
1. Bruises might occur around the treatment areas which usually happen after normal injection. The bruises usually fade within 1 week.
2. Redness and mild swelling of the treated area could occur and usually resolves in 24 hours
3. Patients might feel stinging when cleaning their face on the first day after the treatment.
4. All side effects are generally limited and resolved within 1-3 days.
Side effects from treatments for weight reduction, cellulite and fat reduction are as following
1. Patients might urinate quite often and feel nauseous within 24 hours after the treatment. Some patients might have a fever and feel painful all over their bodies.
2. A rash or having a burning pain around the treatment area might occur within a couple of hours after the treatments.
3. Bruises might occur around the treatment areas which usually happen after normal injection. The bruises usually fade within 1 week.
4. Patients on the purpose of weight loss, cellulite and fat reduction are recommended to exercise and